- Written by AFRODAD
Published: 31 December 2013
A prosperous Africa based on an equitable and sustainable development.
To contribute to Africa’s inclusive economic growth and sustainable development through influencing policy change on debt management and development finance anchored on rights based approaches.
To influence African Governments to institute and implement policies and practices for sustainable development and eradication of poverty.
Thematic Focus Area 1: Domestic Resource Mobilisation
Thematic Goal: To contribute to the development and implementation of transparent, accountable and efficient mechanisms for mobilization and utilization of domestic resources in Africa
- Strategic Objective 1: To advocate for a fair and effective tax system for financing development in Africa.
- Strategic Objective 2: To contribute to the strengthening of extractive industries revenue management in Africa.
- Strategic Objective 3: To advocate for and mobilise support for formulation and implementation of rules and regulations to tackle Illicit Financial Flows from Africa
Thematic Focus Area 2: Debt Management
Thematic Goal: To contribute to the development and implementation of sustainable debt policies and practices in Africa
- Strategic Objective 1: Improved government transparency and accountability on public debt borrowing
- Strategic Objective 2: Contribute to the establishment of a fair and transparent international sovereign debt restructuring mechanism
- Strategic Objective 3: To strengthen inclusive, transparent and accountable public debt borrowing and loan contraction processes.
- Strategic Objective 4: To influence the effective management of public domestic debt resources by African governments
Thematic Focus Area 3: International Public Finance
Thematic Goal: To influence the quality, impact and effectiveness of international public finance, in line with the agreed development cooperation effectiveness principles.
- Strategic Objective 1: Development Effectiveness: To influence African governments and development partners to implement development effectiveness principles and practices.
- Strategic Objective 2: Emerging lenders: To enhance the capacity of governments to understand and engage on implications of public finance from emerging sources, and monitor its development on poverty reduction
- Strategic Objective 3: To build capacity to understand the implications and develop frameworks of Publicly Supported Private Finance and Public Private Partnerships that contributes to sustainable development
- Accountability and Transparency: AFRODAD shall be transparent and accountable in its operations and work, and in the ways of obtaining and use of resources.
- Diligence: AFRODAD shall be guided by industriousness and hard work in its conduct, and shall persevere in its pursuit of a prosperous Africa.
- Gender Sensitivity: AFRODAD shall provide equal opportunities to both male and female, and where necessary shall take deliberate steps to promote the interest of women in order to realize an equal socio-economic status with men in society.
- Impartiality: AFRODAD shall conduct its work with objectivity, neutrality, impartiality, fairness and factual accuracy, detachment from personal views, and in a balanced manner without bias.
- Integrity: AFRODAD shall conduct itself with sincerity, honesty, truthfulness and completeness, and act in ways that shall ensure trustworthiness and reliability.
- Professionalism: AFRODAD shall set and enforce standards in the work it undertakes, and shall be guided by the will to serve the people of Africa.
- Solidarity: AFRODAD shall work in partnership with others to promote an Africa that is free from poverty and where development gains are shared equitably among all.